DARIAH Serbia (DARIAH-RS), as part of the pan-European Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities, promotes and increases awareness of digital arts and humanities research, projects, tools and best practices within Serbia and the wider network of European digital arts and humanities.
Researchers and institutions use DARIAH to:
- find and use a wide range of research data from across Europe
- exchange knowledge, expertise, methodologies, and practices across domains and disciplines
- ensure that they work to accepted standards and follow best practice
- experiment and innovate in collaboration with other scholars
The core strategy of DARIAH is to bring together national, regional, and local endeavours to form a cooperative infrastructure where complementarities and new challenges are clearly identified and acted upon.
The European Commission has granted DARIAH the status of a European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ERIC). In addition to Serbia, the founding members of DARIAH-ERIC are Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands and Slovenia.
The representing entity of the Republic of Serbia within DARIAH-ERIC is the Ministry of Culture and Information. The National Representative is the National Library of Serbia, whereas the National Coordinating Institution is the Belgrade Center for Digital Humanities.
National Coordinator: Toma Tasovac
- Coordinator for e-Infrastructure: Zoran Ognjanović
- Coordinator for Research and Education: Toma Tasovac
- Coordinator for Scholarly Content Management: Adam Sofronijević
- Coordinator for Advocacy, Impact and Outreach: Tamara Butigan