Digitization of Cultural Heritage & Digital Humanities
Faculty of Mathematics, Belgrade, September 10 – 11, 2015
Digitization of Cultural Heritage & Digital Humanities is an annual conference, which has been taking place in Belgrade, Serbia, since 2002, and which is dedicated to different aspects of digitization of cultural heritage.
This year’s event, thirteenth in a row, is organized by the Mathematical Institute of the Serbian Academy of Arts and Sciences, the Faculty of Mathematics of Belgrade University, the National Center for Digitization and the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology of the Republic of Serbia, under the patronage of the Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities of the Republic of Serbia (DARIAH-RS).
- Theory, methodologies and standards in digital preservation of cultural heritage
- Projects and best practice examples of cultural heritage digitization
- Technological aspects of cultural heritage digitization (algorithms, software implementations, and application of new technologies)
- Digital Humanities: digital tools and methods in humanities research
- Research in digital infrastructures for the arts and humanities
Digital humanities and cultural heritage research have numerous points of contact around questions such as how to provide better access to data; how to improve the standards for digital curation and data preservation; how to create a sustainable research infrastructure; and how to establish tighter interaction between scholarly production and the invaluable treasures that are preserved in museums, archives and libraries.
We are seeking innovative and previously unpublished contributions that will help provide answers to these and other related questions. We hope that our conference will boost further research in the areas of Digitization of Cultural Heritage and Digital Humanities in the Republic of Serbia and beyond.
All submissions should be sent by email to: [email protected] (in subject line please note: NCD Conference, paper submission), by September 1, 2015. Abstract should be in Serbian or in English, up to 500 words. Please find attached the guideline for writing an abstract.
Selected conference papers will be peer-reviewed for the publication in the international journal Review of the National Center for Digitization.
There is no registration fee, but advanced registration for the confernce is required.
- Žarko Mijajlović (University of Novi Pazar)
- Zoran Ognjanović (Mathematical Institute of SASA)
- Dragan Blagojević (Mathematical Institute of SASA)
- Nadežda Pejović (Faculty of Mathematics, Belgrade)
- Nenad Mitić (Faculty of Mathematics, Belgrade)
- Saša Malkov (Faculty of Mathematics, Belgrade)
- Vesna Vučković (Faculty of Mathematics, Belgrade)
- Tamara Butigan (National Library of Serbia)
- Toma Tasovac (Belgrade Center for Digital Humanities)
- Miomir Korać (Archaeological Institute of SASA)
- Siniša Temerinski (Institute for Protection of Cultural Monuments)
- Adam Sofronijević (University Library ‘Svetozar Marković’)
- Bojan Marinković (Mathematical Institute of SASA)
- Marija Šegan (Mathematical Institute of SASA)
- Sandra Vujošević (Mathematical Institute of SASA)
- Nikolina Vukša (Faculty of Mathematics, Belgrade)
- Mirjana Maljković (Faculty of Mathematics, Belgrade)
- Biljana Stojanović (Faculty of Mathematics, Belgrade)
Photo by quinn.anya